As per our recent email, all renewed Season Ticket Holders will be contacted in the coming weeks about our ID validation process.
ID Validation FAQs
- Why will I be required to validate my ID?
- Whose ID do I need to validate if I share my Season Ticket, or if it is held in someone else's name?
- What forms of ID do you accept?
- How will my data be stored?
- Will Juniors be required to submit ID?
- How can I submit my ID for validation?
- What if I don't have access to a smartphone or scanner?
- I haven’t received an email inviting me to validate my ID – what should I do?
- Will I need to validate my ID if I don't intend to enter any ballots?
- Will I need to validate my ID if I have deferred my Season Ticket?
- I am receiving an error message saying I have previously completed my ID validation
- What if I am having trouble submitting my ID?
- What happens if I do not submit my ID?
- I am on the Access Scheme - do I need to complete this process for my personal assistant?
Season Ticket Amnesty/Name Change FAQs
- My Season Ticket is held in someone else’s name – can I still validate my ID?
- How will the amnesty process work?
- My name has changed since I purchased my Season Ticket - can I still validate my ID?
- Will I be required to submit any supporting documentation for any name changes?
- If I am an Adult, will I be able to take on a Junior or Senior's Season Ticket?
- Will I still be able to enter a ballot if I require a change to the name of the Season Ticket Holder?
- Are all Season Ticket transfers final?
- Will I receive a new Stadium Access Card with the new name?
ID Validation FAQs
Why will I be required to validate my ID?
The Club is continuing to prepare for a safe return of fans to matches at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and during these extraordinary times, and as with all public places, it is vital that we know exactly who is entering the Stadium. We therefore need to ensure the data records we have for our Season Ticket Holders are fully up-to-date. Season Ticket Holders who have made their initial 20% renewal payment (excluding those who have deferred their Season Ticket) and are interested in entering any future ballot for reduced capacity match tickets are now required to verify their ID by providing us with an electronic copy of a valid International passport or UK Driving Licence Photocard.
Whose ID do I need to validate if I share my Season Ticket, or if it is held in someone else's name?
It is important that the ID provided is for the correct person that will be using the Season Ticket on matchdays.
If you share your Season Ticket with family or friends, please submit ID for the primary user of the Season Ticket. Once this ID is validated,you will not be able to update the name again, though when full capacity games resume you will be able to continue using Ticket Share and Ticket Exchange for any games included in your ticket.
Further information for those people who wish to change the registered ownership of a Season Ticket can be found below.
What forms of ID do you accept?
You will be able to submit either an electronic copy of a valid international passport or UK driving licence photocard (provisional licences are accepted). If you do not have either of these documents, you are welcome to contact us to discuss alternative documentation.
How will my data be stored?
Will Juniors be required to submit ID?
ID validation is a requirement for all adult supporters wishing to attend any reduced capacity games which may be held in future. Supporters under the age of 18 will not be asked to validate their ID at this time.
How can I submit my ID for validation?
All renewed Season Ticket Holders, with the exception of those who have successfully deferred, will be contacted in stages during the coming weeks with an email containing clear steps on how to do this.
This email will contain a validation link, which is unique to each supporter, so it is important that these links are not shared.
For best results, use a scanner to capture an image of your ID and output directly to JPG or PNG format. If you are taking a photo of your ID with your Smartphone, follow this simple guide:
- Full image of photocard UK Driving licence is required
- Single photo page of International Passport is required
- Ensure that the entire image is in focus
- Please try to have only your ID in the image, any other documents are not needed
- Do your best to avoid glare from your flash or lighting
- Please try to avoid shadows on the document
- Please do not edit the picture once it is taken, as this can lead to a rejection
- Try not take the photo from an angle
Once you have an image file of your ID select MANUAL UPLOAD navigate to your file and upload it. Then wait for the results to confirm it has been validated.
Live Capture Image
If you wish to capture a live image of your ID we advise using a smartphone. The image quality of a smartphone is typically better than as laptop camera or webcam. Here are some simple tips for Smartphone capture:
- Full image of photocard UK Driving licence is required
- Single photo page of International Passport is required
- Place the ID flat on a table
- Ideally remove any background clutter
- Preferably, align ID sideways, using the full portrait camera size
- Try to hold the camera parallel to the ID
- Please avoid glare on the ID
- Please avoid shadows over the ID
Once you have aligned your ID tap BEGIN CAPTURE. The capturing function will attempt to auto-capture an image of your ID with the required details included.
- Please make sure your details are in focus
- Please make sure all details on the page are included
- Use the CROP tool if needed
- Do not alter the image using any editing software
- Use the original ID image and not a scanned copy of the ID
- Click UPLOAD and wait for the results
What if I don't have access to a smartphone or scanner?
If you do not have access to a smartphone, you can still use a camera or scanner to upload your ID to your laptop or desktop PC. So long as you follow the tips above, you should then be able to manually upload your ID and submit it for validation without issue.
If you do not have access to a camera or scanner and therefore cannot manually upload a copy of your ID, we would encourage you to contact us directly.
I haven’t received an email inviting me to validate my ID – what should I do?
We will be contacting all renewed Season Ticket Holders in stages, so please do not be concerned if you are aware that other Season Ticket Holders have received this information before you.
All renewed Season Ticket Holders, excluding those who have successfully deferred, will be provided with the opportunity to validate their ID before any ballots for reduced capacity games open.
We ask for your patience whilst we complete this stage of the process.
Will I need to validate my ID if I don’t intend to enter any ballots?
Even if you do not intend to enter the ballots for any reduced capacity fixtures which may take place, there will still be a need to validate your ID before you return to attending matches, so you will be required to complete this step at a later date if you choose not to do so now.
Submitting your ID for validation will not automatically enter you into any ballots which may take place - you will retain the ability to choose whether or not to enter.
Will I need to validate my ID if I have deferred my Season Ticket?
If you have successfully deferred your Season Ticket, you will not be asked to validate your ID at this time. However, you will need to validate your ID before you return to attending matches, so you will be contacted and asked to complete this step at a later date.
I am receiving an error message saying I have previously completed my ID validation
Each supporter will be emailed a unique URL to submit their ID validation – this can only be used once. Each supporter will therefore need to ensure that they are using the link emailed to them specifically.
What if I am having trouble submitting my ID?
If you are experiencing any issues submitting and validating your ID, please ensure the following:
- You are using the link in your email specifically – this link is unique to your account. Once you have used the link to validate your ID, you will not be able to submit again.
- The ID is a valid international passport or UK driving licence of the supporter intending to attend games
- Choose between Camera (to live capture) and Manual Upload (to upload an existing image or scan)
- The picture you capture or upload is of high quality
- You are uploading either a full image of your UK driving licence photocard or the single photo page of your international passport
- There are no stains on your ID obscuring any part of the text/image
- Your ID is not torn or damaged
- Your camera lens is clean. Avoid glare and shadows
- If your ID cannot be validated at the first attempt, please try again in another room or with a different saved file.
If you are still having trouble submitting your ID, or if you do not possess one of our accepted forms of ID, please contact us directly.
What happens if I do not submit my ID?
Entry into any future ballots for reduced capacity fixtures will be dependent on a valid form of ID being submitted and approved.
Any supporter over the age of 18 who does not submit a form of ID for validation will be unable to enter any future ballots.
Can I amend my submission?
Once you have submitted your ID and it has been validated successfully, it will not be possible for you to amend any of these details yourself online. If we require further details from you after you have submitted your ID for validation, we shall contact you directly.
I am on the Access Scheme - do I have to complete this ID validation process for my personal assistant?
The Club understands that some supporters require personal assistance to attend football matches and that the person/s who provide this personal assistance can change right up until the day of the game.
Therefore, if you are successful in obtaining a ticket for a reduced capacity game through the ballot, we ask you contact us before the match to confirm the ID of your personal assistant. This will need to be done on a match by match basis and you can do this by contacting the Access Team on email@example.com. We would ask you to provide at least 24 hours’ notice where possible.
Amnesty/Name Change FAQs
My Season Ticket is held in someone else’s name – can I still validate my ID?
We are aware that Season Tickets are often held in the names of previous purchasers or one family member. We will therefore offer a one-time amnesty period to ensure every Season Ticket is registered in the name of the individual using it.
Supporters needing to register the correct name on their Season Ticket account should follow the ID validation process first and submit the required ID for the individual who will be using the Season Ticket on matchdays.
Once ID for the individual using the Season Ticket has been submitted and successfully validated, we shall reconcile all documents submitted to identify any accounts where the ID provided does not match the details we hold for the registered Season Ticket Holder. These individuals will then be contacted to request further details to update their accounts. As part of this process, current ticketing points totals will also be transferred with the Season Ticket.
This process will be completed in phases, so we kindly ask for your patience whilst we complete all stages of the ID validation process.
How will the amnesty process work?
Supporters wishing to participate in the amnesty process should take note of the following steps:
Step 1: Complete the ID Validation process when contacted to do so. The ID submitted should be for the individual who will be using the Season Ticket on matchdays going forward.
Step 2: Once the ID validation is completed successfully, await further contact from the Club. We will outline what further details are required from you to complete the Season Ticket transfer.
Step 3: Once you have provided the information requested, we shall review it and confirm in writing when the transfer has been completed. All Ticketing Points associated with the original Season Ticket will also be transferred across.
My name has changed since I purchased my Season Ticket – can I still validate my ID?
We understand that Season Tickets Holders’ names may change for various legal reasons, including name changes by deed poll and getting married or divorced.
Supporters needing to register their new name on their Season Ticket account should follow the ID validation process and submit the required ID with their current name, provided that they are the individual who will be using their ticket on a matchday.
Once ID for the individual using the Season Ticket has been submitted and successfully validated, we shall reconcile all documents submitted to identify any accounts where the ID provided does not match the details we hold for the registered Season Ticket Holder. These individuals will then be contacted to request further details to update their accounts.
Will I be required to submit any supporting documentation for any name changes?
Yes, should we identify that the name on your ID does not match the name on your Season Ticket, we will ask you to provide relevant documentation as part of the name change process. Please follow the instructions provided at that time, which will contain more details.
If I am an Adult, will I be able to take on a Junior or Senior's Season Ticket?
Yes, we will be able to permit Season Ticket transfers across different price classes.
As you will be the individual who will be using the Season Ticket on matchdays, you should follow the ID validation process first and submit your own ID when prompted to do so.
Once we have identified that your details do not match the details held for the registered Season Ticket Holder, you will be contacted and asked for further details so the transfer can be finalised. At this stage, as your ticket will be changing price class, you will be required to pay any price difference that is due.
Will I still be able to enter a ballot if I require a change to the name of the Season Ticket Holder?
All supporters who wish to be able to enter a ballot for reduced capacity games must complete the initial ID validation process. However, any additional steps required to complete the amnesty process will not hinder an application to enter a ballot while the transfer of ownership process is completed.
Are all Season Ticket transfers final?
Following any successful submission to transfer the ownership of any General Admission Season Ticket, the Club will retain all relevant details for a period of three years. In the event of any original Season Ticket Holder contacting us during this time to contest a name change, the Season Ticket concerned will be suspended until such time as correct ownership has been verified by the Club. The Club’s decision will be final in these situations.
Will I receive a new Stadium Access Card with the new name?
We shall soon be utilising our Stadium’s technological capabilities to introduce a contactless digital ticketing operation. This means that no new Stadium Access Cards will be issued going forward. Further details of the digital ticketing process will be communicated once we have further clarity on any reduced capacity fixtures.
If any of the above does not answer your question, then you are welcome to contact us directly.
Back to Top